Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Red Office Chair


For this assignment, we had to choose a picture of a 3D chair. When we found out which one we were going to use, we had to choose artwork from our own work or from the internet. I chose one from my own work. Then we had to warp the artwork and make it look like an actual chair, that has a shadow to it, and add a background to it. I tried to play with the warp tool to try to make it look realistic. Once when I was done with that, I worked with the background. I just chose this wallpaper design and used that for the wall (hint the name wallpaper). Then I worked with the floor. I ended up choosing wood flooring because it went better with the wallpaper than all of the other flooring I tried. All of these examples that my teacher showed me inspired me. I wouldn't do anything different next time because im proud of the outcome. This is because it looks like an actual chair with all the curves and everything. Plus, the design in the back looks like it could be an actual design too.

2 comments:

  1. great, kelsey! i love the things you come up with. thank you for a thorough artist statement, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you thinking about digital img 2? you should stick with it! you have a gift for it.

    ReplyDelete